Within Import.io, you can use Regular Expression (also known as RegEx) to reformat text strings in extracted columns. If you're new to Regular Expression, check out RegexOne to learn about regular expressions and our Getting Started With Regular Expressions article. We also recommend using RegExr when creating regular expressions.
Set Regular Expression Screen
- Column name: Name of the column you are creating the regular expression for.
- Optional preset formulas: Premade regular expression for filtering out text strings. This will replace whatever is currently in the Match and Replace text boxes.
- Match: Where to input your regular expression for matching text.
- Replace: Where to input text for replacing the match or outputting capture groups ($1).
- Close: Closes screen and saves your regular expression.
- Apply: Applies your regular expression.