Import.io has teamed up with the good folks at InterWorks to provide a Tableau Web Data Connector (WDC) that allows you to bring data captured with Import.io straight into Tableau in just a few clicks.
- Open Tableau Desktop or Tableau Public
- Click Web Data Connector
- An empty Tableau Web Data Connector modal will appear.
- Enter the URL for the Import.io WDC: http://go.import.io/tableau
- Go to the Integrate tab for your Import.io extractor
- Copy the API call for CSV from the last successful run
- Paste into the Tableau WDC text box and click Extract
- Wait while the query is executed. This may take up to 30 seconds.
- Choose whether to update once or automatically. We recommend selecting Automatically Update.
Note: "Automatically Update" feature means that when you are in the data review mode you won’t need to keep hitting “Update Now” every time you make a change. It is not a way to automatically refresh the data from Import.io.