When a website requires a login, authenticated extractors enable you to extract data behind a login.
To do so, click on New Extractor in the dashboard and toggle the Is the data behind a login? switch to the right. The following fields will appear: Login page, Username, Password, and Data page.
- Login page: Enter the URL of the login page.
- Username: Enter your username to login to the targeted website.
- Password: Enter your password to login to the targeted website.
- Data page: Enter the URL of the targeted webpage.
- Once all fields are filled, click the Go button to proceed. Here, Import.io will attempt to authenticate with the credentials provided.
Once the extractor completes authentication, a screenshot of the targeted data page will be displayed and you'll be prompted if the login was successful or not. If successful, click Yes and proceed to training the extractor.