Column settings provides options that help manage columns and the data within such columns.
Elements of the Column Settings
- Rename column: Renames the column header.
- Set default value: Automatically set empty data points in the column to a default value.
- Set regular expression: Allows user to input regular expression to match and/or replace for patterns in text
- Manual XPath or CSS Selector: Allows user to input XPath to manually select elements of a web page from the HTML source code.
- Clear data: Removes all data from a column.
- Required field: Sets the column as required and omits any rows from the dataset when a cell for this column is empty.
- Output HTML: Extracts the original HTML of the selected data point.
- Capture this link's URL: Extracts the URL along with the link text.
- Download content: Downloads the file behind a link or download the selected image.
- Duplicate column: Creates a duplicate of the selected column to the right.
- Add column: Adds a new column to the right of the selected column
- Delete this column: Deletes the selected column.
- Redact PII in this column: Redacts personally identifiable information.
To reorder columns you can drag-and-drop the column headers.
Renaming Multiple Columns
When renaming columns, you can click into one column header and use the Tab key to tab through other columns to rename those columns as well.